Codyjv

Here are the pics for the next post.

text

text

OP
OP
C

Codyjv

Hopefully someone on the forum can tell me yes or no to this unit having a case drain hidden somewhere. Im a first time bobcat and this is my first skidsteer. Its a lpg unit originally from doninos. Ive learned alot so far but the manu leaves this out with any good direction wether mine has it or not. Im a picture type of guy so ive linked some pictures to help myself and others in the future hopefully. I already bought a case drain kit with the bronze filter and two orings with hopes mine had one but i am unsure if its actually hidden or my 742 unit just doesnt have one. apologize for the blank post, my phone did not agree with the forum. had to post on my pc.

flyerdan

Hopefully someone on the forum can tell me yes or no to this unit having a case drain hidden somewhere. Im a first time bobcat and this is my first skidsteer. Its a lpg unit originally from doninos. Ive learned alot so far but the manu leaves this out with any good direction wether mine has it or not. Im a picture type of guy so ive linked some pictures to help myself and others in the future hopefully. I already bought a case drain kit with the bronze filter and two orings with hopes mine had one but i am unsure if its actually hidden or my 742 unit just doesnt have one. apologize for the blank post, my phone did not agree with the forum. had to post on my pc.
I think the item you're pointing to is the 40 micron bronze filter in the port block (on SN 14999 and below), according to the manual.
Might as well open it up and have a look, if there is a screen in there that doesn't match your new parts it can be cleaned an reinstalled.
I put your pictures in the top blank post as we can't delete blank posts without wiping out everything after them, that's why things are a bit out of sequence.

Tazza

Staff member
I think the item you're pointing to is the 40 micron bronze filter in the port block (on SN 14999 and below), according to the manual.
Might as well open it up and have a look, if there is a screen in there that doesn't match your new parts it can be cleaned an reinstalled.
I put your pictures in the top blank post as we can't delete blank posts without wiping out everything after them, that's why things are a bit out of sequence.
Sorry for turning up to the party late
Yes, that is the model that has the hidden filter, remove the middle hose and fitting on the aluminium block, it should ne hiding behind the big fitting.

Tazza

Staff member
Sorry for turning up to the party late
Yes, that is the model that has the hidden filter, remove the middle hose and fitting on the aluminium block, it should ne hiding behind the big fitting.
I forgot to respond to the case drain you mention, there are no case drain filters on the 743 models, only some have a suction line filter that causes drive issues when plugged up.

OP
OP
C

Codyjv

I forgot to respond to the case drain you mention, there are no case drain filters on the 743 models, only some have a suction line filter that causes drive issues when plugged up.
I did find the filter, unfortunate that it was not the one I bought to replace it with. I cleaned it up best I could. Had a weird type of residue ? Maybe someone can chime in on why or what it maybe? Best described as when removing adhesive with glu-b-gone and it gets gummy (that was on filter). Found an o-ring particle, no metal though! I am wondering if the other port with the giant house (opposite of the 3) has a similar bronze filter? Either way, thank you for the support. first skid and i'm learning. Its been hack wired, but its good enough for me, 3 wires all ya need to start it LOL. will rewire it eventually to have functioning lights w/ a relay on key. i'd like to know a good source for a parts manual, random stuff like my bucket has a giant bolt which could probably use a bushing to fix the little play or should I leave the play ? just not sure how such holds up to someone who has farm fixed this little gem.