742 98 cid Ford Industrial Distributor #

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mclaen

Greetings, New guy here but longtime owner and fixer of Bobcat skid steers. I'm trying to determine the brand and part # [example Autolite XXXXXXX] of the distributor used in a 742 Bobcat with the 98 cid/1.6L Ford industrial engine. My goal is to install a Pertronixs electronic ignitor in it but there isn't an exact listing in their catalog and the Pertronix rep I spoke to asked for the distributor information so he could determine which unit it takes. The problem I have is that the loader isn't in my shop but is on a job site where I don't have access to it. I'd like to determine the Pertronix unit it takes and have it on hand so I can install it and minimize the downtime once the loader is available to me. If you've already installed a pertronix unit in one of these and know the part # that would be better yet. I've done considerable work on M600, M610, and 743 models so If I can ever help someone don't be afraid to ask. Thanks much!

craigb93

I took a picture of the distributor id numbers and Pertronics supplied me with a PNX-1843 kit. The distributor numbers are right at the hold-down clamp so maybe someone could snap a pic for you to double check. Mine says it is a Bosch unit #71BB12100BHA -Dick

6brnorma

I took a picture of the distributor id numbers and Pertronics supplied me with a PNX-1843 kit. The distributor numbers are right at the hold-down clamp so maybe someone could snap a pic for you to double check. Mine says it is a Bosch unit #71BB12100BHA -Dick
Had no intention of scaring you off Mr Mclaen…..it's good to see you here. In fact….there is a question in this sub-forum posted by JohnJohn that you might help with.
Mr Mclaen is quit good with the 600 series machines…….unfortunately, not many questions asked anymore about them.