732 Trans. Temp and Pressure Senders

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bwhite1234

Just bought a 732 for personal use (my first skid steer). The previous owner cut all the wiring so it only has basic ignition circuits and switch. It runs fine and alternator appears to work. I bought the service manual and plan to connect some of the electrical back up (hour meter, lights, engine and transmission warning lights). The service schematic shows two sensors, a transmission temperature switch and a transmission pressure switch. The temp. switch is there but on the port block where the pressure sender should be, there is nothing, not even a plug where there might have been a sender at one time. Is there an alternate location where they put the transmission or hydrostatic pressure switch? Also, the transmission temp. sender is there but broken. I suppose I could go to Bobcat for the part but assume they would be pricey compared to aftermarket. Does anyone have an aftermarket part number or general idea what temperature should activate the sender to cause the warning to go on? Is the port block under pressure when the engine is off? Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
There will be a plug there in the port block to allow the pressure sender to be installed. I don't know just how expensive the senders are, but they can't be that expensive. I did try getting after market senders but you need to know what pressure and temperature they activate at, that was the biggest problem.
There is no pressure in the port block with the engine off, just gravity. The charge pressure is around 100 PSI when the machine is running.

sterlclan

There will be a plug there in the port block to allow the pressure sender to be installed. I don't know just how expensive the senders are, but they can't be that expensive. I did try getting after market senders but you need to know what pressure and temperature they activate at, that was the biggest problem.
There is no pressure in the port block with the engine off, just gravity. The charge pressure is around 100 PSI when the machine is running.
a shop vac without a filter stuck in the filler (hydraulic) will keep the oil in the tank when you remove the sender.....don't let it run too long or it'll burn up and don't use the one you clean cars with the hose gets nasty.......Jeff

brettk1

I have a 642b and the pressure switch is located on the casting that the hydraulic filter mounts to.

Tazza

Staff member
I have a 642b and the pressure switch is located on the casting that the hydraulic filter mounts to.
Are you sure its the pressure sender and not just the switch to tell you that your filter is blocked? My 743 has this switch and its just a switch for when the pressure inside the filter is too high indicating the oil is too thick or the filter is plugged. Later model machines do indeed have their charge pressure senders located at the filter though.

brettk1

Are you sure its the pressure sender and not just the switch to tell you that your filter is blocked? My 743 has this switch and its just a switch for when the pressure inside the filter is too high indicating the oil is too thick or the filter is plugged. Later model machines do indeed have their charge pressure senders located at the filter though.
Tazza is absolutely correct upon further review of hydralic and electrical schematics the switch located on filter housing is only for indicating thick oil or plugged filter