721 Axle

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wisconsinjimmy

Can someone tell me how much end play (in and out) the axles have on the 721, I seem to have quite a bit but without removing the wheels it is hard to measure the slop if any. Thank you Jim Cushing, WI

OP
OP
W

wisconsinjimmy

None time to replace bearings and seals
OK that helps a lot, will get them ordered in the morning, another item I am curious about is do I really have to pull the engine to get at the axle sure seems like a lot of work. The excess fuel button has this real problem of not wanting to stay down is there a fix for it. Jim Cushing, WI if it aint snowin and freezin it be rainin

antfarmer2

OK that helps a lot, will get them ordered in the morning, another item I am curious about is do I really have to pull the engine to get at the axle sure seems like a lot of work. The excess fuel button has this real problem of not wanting to stay down is there a fix for it. Jim Cushing, WI if it aint snowin and freezin it be rainin
I will take the rain getting sick of picking tick's off my catfish......try loadersourceparts don't know that cat but I took the chaincase of my 743 but someone will know

gearbox

I will take the rain getting sick of picking tick's off my catfish......try loadersourceparts don't know that cat but I took the chaincase of my 743 but someone will know
You have to have the throtle half way open to push the buttom in . if it won't stay in pull it out then push it in . you should hear the rack reset to full fuel . there should be a rubber boot on the button , if not get one from your local pump & injector shop . mine gave it to me for free. Gearbox

OP
OP
W

wisconsinjimmy

You have to have the throtle half way open to push the buttom in . if it won't stay in pull it out then push it in . you should hear the rack reset to full fuel . there should be a rubber boot on the button , if not get one from your local pump & injector shop . mine gave it to me for free. Gearbox
Gear Box, That explains the adjustment or what looks like an adjustment bolt, this machine came off a hog farm and with only 651 hours showing (I do not believe it in a New York Minute). I have a lot of work to do on it and my next project is getting the cage off it so I can repair and weld up a bunch of broken parts. There is what appears to be a heater box that attaches to the exh manifold and most of the bolts are broke off or the bosses are broke. Was looking at the manual and it says the engine must come out to work on the axles. Jim