720 hydrostatic drive oil pressure light

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bdoyle

Anybody know what the oil light threshold pressure is? I can locally get a 30 psi or 15-50 psi pressure switch but not having the original kind of working in the dark. The service manual mentions not going below 35 psi while bleeding the system so that is kind of a start. Getting closer on my re-engine project with a Kohler CH1000. Running and driving, have to get the instrument panel set-up. Just trying to undo the various short cuts taken on this skid steer. Thanks!

flyerdan

The original switch 6519334 is available on Amazon for around $13, it's branded KBEL 10OS.
Trying to find tech specs on some of these parts is difficult. I had mine out to address a drip where it was crimped together, and I seem to recall that it had a 7-8 psi trigger when I tested it. Like most oil pressure switches, they are a normally closed type that complete the ground circuit for the light, and open at a fairly low pressure to allow use on more applications.

OP
OP
B

Bdoyle

The original switch 6519334 is available on Amazon for around $13, it's branded KBEL 10OS.
Trying to find tech specs on some of these parts is difficult. I had mine out to address a drip where it was crimped together, and I seem to recall that it had a 7-8 psi trigger when I tested it. Like most oil pressure switches, they are a normally closed type that complete the ground circuit for the light, and open at a fairly low pressure to allow use on more applications.
The adjustable was available locally so I picked that up. Probably set to around 30 psi. More is better heh? Added a gauge as well as I was making a new panel. Hope I'm close to being done.