720 bobcat question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

waynemags

on my 1980 720 theres a half tube type deal that covers a long aprox 3/4inch screw that runs from the top of the frame to the bottom. its inside the backdoor on the right hand side. at the top of it theres a hex head that looks like you could turn with a socket or wrench. it looks like a long piece of heavy readyrod that is shielded behind this half tube thing. anyone have any clue what im talking about? iit runs basically to the bottom of the skidsteer skidplate at the back where it angles up.

sledesigns

Thats the screw jack used to prop your cab forward. Most are lost over the years, never put back on the machine. Probably a rare piece. Very nice to have.
Mine's missing, I use a come-along / hand winch from the cutting edge of dirt bucket & cab about where the lights mount to pull it forward. -Scott

OP
OP
W

waynemags

Thats the screw jack used to prop your cab forward. Most are lost over the years, never put back on the machine. Probably a rare piece. Very nice to have.
Mine's missing, I use a come-along / hand winch from the cutting edge of dirt bucket & cab about where the lights mount to pull it forward. -Scott
how does it work. cant see any where that it would lift the cab. maybe something is missing