709 backhoe attach swing cylinder removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

FarmGal

Okay guys, we've been able to remove and replace boom cylinders when they needed repair, but this swing cylinder removal is driving me nuts. First we disconnected attachment from our BC 773, then we disconnected the hyd. hoses, and removed the pins at each end of the horizontal cylinder. Tried to drop it out, but it seems bound where the large gear teeth connect to the gear teeth on the boom pivot gear. Looked online for videos - nothin' Any ideas?

bubba24

Okay guys, we've been able to remove and replace boom cylinders when they needed repair, but this swing cylinder removal is driving me nuts. First we disconnected attachment from our BC 773, then we disconnected the hyd. hoses, and removed the pins at each end of the horizontal cylinder. Tried to drop it out, but it seems bound where the large gear teeth connect to the gear teeth on the boom pivot gear. Looked online for videos - nothin' Any ideas?
It has been quite a while since I rebuilt my swing cylinder, but here it goes from memory. The swing cylinder on my 709 has a plate behind it that is cupped to fit the round backside of the cylinder. There are some thin shims behind that as well. Seems like there are several 3/8 bolts that hold the shims and that cupped piece in place. When the cupped piece and shims come down the teeth open up some and allow the cylinder to come down. Oh, I was surprised to see there are 2 cylinder rod assemblies in one cylinder barrel. I hope this is helpful.

Also here is the parts catalog link for the 709 that shows how it looks.

Attachments

• 709 swing.png
    709 swing.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited: