7-pin ACD: Curse or Godsend????????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wingspar

Has anyone out there run into compatability issues between newer bobcats and older attachments? On one hand, ACD is safer, more user friendly and more flexible. But on the other hand, it seems like a major headache if you own older attachments. Does it abide by the K.I.S.S. rule? I'm interested in anyone's opinions and comments. Thanks, wingspar

JustAwrench

When you run an older attachment on a newer "G" series machine, you need a dual attachment control cable-It will have an extra 14-pin plug mounted below the 7-pin plug, and a magnetic mounted ACD inside the left tower above the battery. The first systems had a switch mounted with the plugs to select 7- or 14 pin, but now they switch automatically. With this setup, we run old and new no problem, but there are a few specific exceptions that I can't think of right now. What attachment are you running?

500K_773

When you run an older attachment on a newer "G" series machine, you need a dual attachment control cable-It will have an extra 14-pin plug mounted below the 7-pin plug, and a magnetic mounted ACD inside the left tower above the battery. The first systems had a switch mounted with the plugs to select 7- or 14 pin, but now they switch automatically. With this setup, we run old and new no problem, but there are a few specific exceptions that I can't think of right now. What attachment are you running?
I have a newer machine which has both plugs so I have never worried about it. If you have an older machine with only one style plug, can you utilize a jumper cable to adapter to the different plug?

OP
OP
W

wingspar

I have a newer machine which has both plugs so I have never worried about it. If you have an older machine with only one style plug, can you utilize a jumper cable to adapter to the different plug?
A jumper cable won't work because the 7-pin signal is digital. You have to have an ACD "blackbox" to interpret the signal and power the attachment selenoids. You can get an adapter kit from Bobcat for around $300 or so.

RS Coyote

A jumper cable won't work because the 7-pin signal is digital. You have to have an ACD "blackbox" to interpret the signal and power the attachment selenoids. You can get an adapter kit from Bobcat for around $300 or so.
Of the 7- or 14 pin plugs. Which is 12 volt and which is the low voltage? Or am I wrong somewhere?

JustAwrench

I just re-read this entire thread, and it seems I went off half-cocked and blew a bunch of hot air without adressing the original issue-I apologize(I HATE IT when I do that). There has been some compatibiltiy issues with older attachments, but it is becoming a rarity. Bobcat has been tuning the software and releasing updated versions since the G series machines came out. The most current release is 38. I haven't seen a new machine that won't run an old attachment in a couple of years now.

Latest posts