642 update

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

renopker

Getting things ready to go hardcore on this 642 heres a few pics. New tires and rims,plating done on all the steel lines and fitting (zinc diechromeate) and msic.parts.
wheels001.jpg new  wheel and tires picture by renopker

Tazza

Staff member
Wow, i never knew people did plating... Buit it does make sense, what did they run you for the plating?
I'm now thinking it may be an idea when i get around to doing my 753G, sure would make it look *pretty*
I sand blasted and painted my rims, with new tyres they look brand new.
Keep the pictures coming!

OP
OP
R

renopker

Wow, i never knew people did plating... Buit it does make sense, what did they run you for the plating?
I'm now thinking it may be an idea when i get around to doing my 753G, sure would make it look *pretty*
I sand blasted and painted my rims, with new tyres they look brand new.
Keep the pictures coming!
The plating ran 65.00 min charge I could have put more in the pile but the rest will be powder coat. I had to decide on what to do with the lines and fittings do to the fire,two are pitted bad but ones a low pressure and not to hard to change if it takes to leaking.The lines were dipped in an acid bath when we tore the machine apart 10 years ago and wrapped in plastic until now. The plating wont rust and peel off the fittings like paint.At least it wont look like a Mexican rebuild.