642 Aux controls and center pedal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dantra

When I bought this machine, I assumed the center pedal was for the aux control lines. I just read something that says that the center pedal is a parking brake. If that's the case, it looks like I need to fix the park brake because it doesn't work. If it is actually the brake... what controls the aux lines? I don't need aux but I'm curious

brdgbldr

The center pedal is the brake.

The auxiliaries are controlled by the right control arm by moving the arm right and left. If it is pushed all the way to the right it will engage the detent which causes the auxiliary to stay open. Move it all the way to the left to take it out of the detent.

If the right control arm does not move left and right, there is a bolt in place at the base of the arm, under the cab, to prevent it from moving. Remove the bolt to allow operation of the auxiliaries. The bolt was often placed because it is very easy to accidentally engage the detent which causes all sorts of issues if you don't realize that the detent is engaged.

wings5j

Thanks for such a great answer!
There is quite a bit of adjustment available on the parking brake providing the pucks aren't worn out. My machine didn't have a working park brake when I bought it but now that I set it up correctly I find many situations where I am glad it is working.