632 groaning when hot

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rhc123

Hi all, I have a 632 with the Ford I-4. I have been 12 rounds with this thing. It has been on fire, blown hoses and other such things. Now after about 45 min. it starts groaning and gets hard to steer. I have changed all filters, oil, water pump,radiator and religions by now. When cold this thing works like crazy but when hot..... Please I need some guidance. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Did you cnaged the filter in the port block? there should be a square block on top of the hydraulic pump, you want to remove the middle fitting on the left side, there is a bronze filter behind here. I'm pretty sure your machine will have this setup, my 731 and early 743s did too.
Its a filter, but not many people know its there. The machine will groan, the pump will heat up rapidly and it will have no power.

OP
OP
R

rhc123

Did you cnaged the filter in the port block? there should be a square block on top of the hydraulic pump, you want to remove the middle fitting on the left side, there is a bronze filter behind here. I'm pretty sure your machine will have this setup, my 731 and early 743s did too.
Its a filter, but not many people know its there. The machine will groan, the pump will heat up rapidly and it will have no power.
Yes. I changed the bronze filter and the filter near the cooler. I cleaned all the airflow areas and had the radiator repaired.

jerry

Yes. I changed the bronze filter and the filter near the cooler. I cleaned all the airflow areas and had the radiator repaired.
take the pressure sender out and put a gauge on there to check charge pressure, the pump may be weak, I don't know if that would make it groan more than usual though.

OP
OP
R

rhc123

take the pressure sender out and put a gauge on there to check charge pressure, the pump may be weak, I don't know if that would make it groan more than usual though.
What range should the charge pressure be? There is no sending unit in place, just a plug someone has put there. Thanks

jerry

What range should the charge pressure be? There is no sending unit in place, just a plug someone has put there. Thanks
I don't have a book anymore,old machinist may have a link to one online, if its anywhere around 100 lbs I think you're o.k. I believe mine was about 90 and it worked fine. Charge pressure just feeds the hydrostatic pumps which feed the drive motors but the hydrostatic pumps can't draw oil which is why they need the charge pressure.