632 Carb problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobo

Hey guys....My 632 with the ford engine has become more and more difficult to start,so i decided to pull the carb off and do a rebuild on the thing.When i removed it there is some sort of a electronic solenoid on the back of the fuel bowl.Dose anyone hav an idea what the function of this solenoid is?Can it be removed and bloked off? Thanks

OldMachinist

Most likely it's a fuel shut off(anti-dieseling) valve. It shuts the fuel off as soon as you turn off the key to keep the engine from dieseling and back firing. Almost all of the smaller lawn and garden and industrial engines have them today.

jerry

Most likely it's a fuel shut off(anti-dieseling) valve. It shuts the fuel off as soon as you turn off the key to keep the engine from dieseling and back firing. Almost all of the smaller lawn and garden and industrial engines have them today.
Thats probably right, the book just shows it and calls it a solenoid. Looks like it has a needle valve on the end of it. Did you check your choke operation to make sure it was closing completely? If the choke does not absolutely close that engine is very hard starting but with the choke right mine starts easily. By the way how noisy are your hydraulics? Mine have always been noisy and this spring seem to be louder under load, I think I will take the pump off it and look into redoing the plates as sterlclan said after he did his 630 it was quiet even under load.

thetool

I belive that valve is NAP from Bobcat, as any carb parts other than basic gasket set were also NAP, and they made you buy a new, upgraded carb. New carbs do not have the anti-dieseling valve.
When I was a dealer mechanic whore, I usually sold a new carb if it was an old-schooler acitng up and it sure saved a lot of frustration for me and the customer. Just a thought.

Latest posts