631 aux hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Totembear

New to the forum and glad to have found y'all. I have a NH L445 that doesnt have aux hydraulucs and looking at a Bobcat 631 that does. I use it to basically run around my property for logs to burn wood. Was looking at getting a log grapple. Anyway, got a question about how they work. I understand the middle pedal is to activate the aux hydraulics but how do you actually get the hydraulics to run? Thanks for any and all input!

SkidRoe

On older machines like this, the aux hydraulics are live all the time the engine is running - Are they not working?

OP
OP
T

Totembear

I dont know. I'm looking at a 631 at an auction near my house. Then the peddle in the middle is to run the auxillary hydraulics? That makes sense. The pedal then that determines piston in and out?

SkidRoe

Yes, that should be the case, unless that is the parking brake. It would either be that or the right hand stick, which would have transverse movement to control the aux's. I have never operated a 631, but I have operated older and newer machines, not sure when they made the transition from one to the other.

spitzair

On the 631 the middle pedal is the parking brake. The aux hydraulics are controlled with the right steering lever by moving it left and right. If the aux hydraulics weren't needed they could be locked out, this is done by putting a bolt in the base of the steering lever preventing it from being moved left/right. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
T

Totembear

Thanks, thats great info. It all makes sense now. When I get to yhe auction I'll look at the right joystick.

Dadosix

On the 631 the middle pedal is the parking brake. The aux hydraulics are controlled with the right steering lever by moving it left and right. If the aux hydraulics weren't needed they could be locked out, this is done by putting a bolt in the base of the steering lever preventing it from being moved left/right. Hope that helps.
Great info ! I just brought home a 643 that needs some love. It has aux hookups on the boom, but I've googled all over to find the aux control function. Makes total sense now! Since I need to repair the tilt function, and will be in around that valve, I can get a look at the bottom of that right stick.