610 Variable sheeve leaking, driven sheeve collapsed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

eyebrowski

After my machine has been on stands for the past few months having the axle seals replaced I developed a new issue.

The driven sheeve has collapsed/closed pushing the belt to sit on top of the pulleys. Subsequently, when I started the machine the driven sheeve did not spin and withing 20-30 seconds the variable speed sheeve started leaking fluid. Thoughts on what happened and a fix?

text

text

6brnorma

This is not a big deal…..you have a couple of O-rings in the roto-swivel assembly that have failed. Follow the manual description on rebuilding that assembly and you are good to go.

OP
OP
E

eyebrowski

This is not a big deal…..you have a couple of O-rings in the roto-swivel assembly that have failed. Follow the manual description on rebuilding that assembly and you are good to go.
That's good news. Thank you. Any idea on the collapsed driven sleeve?

6brnorma

The 3 spring retaining nuts are too tight. The book says they should be even with the ends of the bolts.
alchemysa is correct … you need to loosen those nut some and also get that hydraulic line away from the sheave so it doesn't cut into it. The driven sheave was not turning because the variable speed sheave had no tension on the belt and there is oil on the belt allowing it to slip…..it will all work when you get the swivel assembly rebuilt.

OP
OP
E

eyebrowski

alchemysa is correct … you need to loosen those nut some and also get that hydraulic line away from the sheave so it doesn't cut into it. The driven sheave was not turning because the variable speed sheave had no tension on the belt and there is oil on the belt allowing it to slip…..it will all work when you get the swivel assembly rebuilt.
Great info, thanks. Is it o-rings 7 & 8 that I need?
text

OP
OP
E

eyebrowski

Yes…..buy extras….it's EASY to damage them while re-installing the assembly. Use PVC to drive the assembly back in… 1 1/4" IIRC works great.
The new seals just came in so I finally got to pulling the roto out. It looks like when I greased the roto zerk it pushed the roto out causing the leak.
I am a little confused about where this large snap ring came from / gets installed. Can anyone lend some advice?
Also, does anyone know the code to make new lines (return) and post pictures? The standard VBB code or HTML doesn't seem to work for me.

text

text

text

text

alchemysa

The new seals just came in so I finally got to pulling the roto out. It looks like when I greased the roto zerk it pushed the roto out causing the leak.
I am a little confused about where this large snap ring came from / gets installed. Can anyone lend some advice?
Also, does anyone know the code to make new lines (return) and post pictures? The standard VBB code or HTML doesn't seem to work for me.
To post pics I use tinypic.com. It's free. Upload the image then copy and paste the 'HTML for websites' link into your messages.
To start new paragraphs use this code without asterisks. ...

flyerdan

To post pics I use tinypic.com. It's free. Upload the image then copy and paste the 'HTML for websites' link into your messages.
To start new paragraphs use this code without asterisks. ...
To get any kind of formatting, you have to treat this like building a web page in notepad, and do all of the html coding yourself, starting with html in brackets at the very top of the page. I just open this cheatsheet site so I can cut and paste the code lines, less chance of error that way.
When doing photos, you usually have to click on view image, so you have a url that ends with .jpg, or whatever format it is for it to show properly. Also, be sure to preview first; most hosted photos come through as huge, and need to be size limited (I usually use width ="65%") as that is big enough to see, loads fast and doesn't bust the forum frames.

alchemysa

To get any kind of formatting, you have to treat this like building a web page in notepad, and do all of the html coding yourself, starting with html in brackets at the very top of the page. I just open this cheatsheet site so I can cut and paste the code lines, less chance of error that way.
When doing photos, you usually have to click on view image, so you have a url that ends with .jpg, or whatever format it is for it to show properly. Also, be sure to preview first; most hosted photos come through as huge, and need to be size limited (I usually use width ="65%") as that is big enough to see, loads fast and doesn't bust the forum frames.
The big snap rings goes here... there should be a groove, but it looks like the groove has snapped off.
If I'm correct you'll have to cut a new groove into the sheave.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OP
OP
E

eyebrowski

The big snap rings goes here... there should be a groove, but it looks like the groove has snapped off.
If I'm correct you'll have to cut a new groove into the sheave.
alchemysa, that is exactly what happened. Also, I'm assuming the brass gland (#6) is supposed to slide into the sheave freely. Mine does not want to go in further than the o-ring when pressing by hand. Does it usually require some persuasion?

alchemysa

alchemysa, that is exactly what happened. Also, I'm assuming the brass gland (#6) is supposed to slide into the sheave freely. Mine does not want to go in further than the o-ring when pressing by hand. Does it usually require some persuasion?
Yes I believe they are hard to get back in but I can't really help much. I dont have a working variable sheave. My Bobcat had the expensive bits missing when I got it so I rigged up this manually adjustable sheave.
Theres a good group for old Bobacts over on Facebook now... https://www.facebook.com/groups/514210022260732/?ref=group_header
Image and video hosting by TinyPic