610 timing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hilljacknm

Got the manual for my 610. I'm wanting to convert to electronic ignition (pertronix) . Thought I'd check the timing, and it looks like it is way off, 90 degrees to be more specific. Going by the engine tins, number one cylinder is on the rear right of the engine. Using this for the timing light trigger, puts the timing at the bottom/straight down position. Using cylinder 4 (according to the tins) puts the timing mark close to the correct position. According to the tins, number 4 is the front, left cylinder. Are the tins swapped? Are the cylinders in the described positions correct? The timing notch is aligned with the D C mark, on the fan/flywheel .

jerry

before you do anything take the points and point plate out of the dist and clean up the mechanical advance in the bottom of the dist. They usually are rusted and stuck. There are several 610 owners on this forum, they will probably help you out.

OP
OP
H

hilljacknm

before you do anything take the points and point plate out of the dist and clean up the mechanical advance in the bottom of the dist. They usually are rusted and stuck. There are several 610 owners on this forum, they will probably help you out.
Thanks Jerry. Did notice that the timing did not advance, when changing engine RPM. Must be stuck.