610 DRIVE BELT

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

maineshops

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE DRIVE BELT ON A 610 BOBCAT EARLY S/N 205917? THE MANUAL DOESN'T COVER THEM THAT OLD AND THE DEALERS LAUGH AT ME WHEN I INQUIRE ABOUT IT OR DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER BECAUSE ALL THE OLD TIMERS RETIRED. Any way it has the swivel fitting on the drive sheave for the hydraulics and a snap ring behind that. i removed the snap ring and nothing moves. any ideas? I call her "trouble" named after a pet bobcat we had that was nuthin but trouble but she's dun a lot of work around the place. I just wish i was a better mechanic to work on her.

jerry

the repair manual for the 610 showed the procedure for the swivel fitting one and the type I had. If the dealer is of no help find another dealer or see if bobcatparts manager on this forum can get you the info.

Kiwi M610

It's quite a while since I did it, but I think you remove the ciclip (snap ring) from the swivel, pull the swivel (chrome part with bronze seal carrier on it) and seal out and there is a bolt inside. Roger

Kiwi M610

It's quite a while since I did it, but I think you remove the ciclip (snap ring) from the swivel, pull the swivel (chrome part with bronze seal carrier on it) and seal out and there is a bolt inside. Roger
The other way is just to take the 3 bolts out of the front pulley first, you have to unbolt the bracket that bolts the drive shaft together anyway to get the belt out. :)

OP
OP
M

maineshops

The other way is just to take the 3 bolts out of the front pulley first, you have to unbolt the bracket that bolts the drive shaft together anyway to get the belt out. :)
this sounds like the way to go because your right i have to break the drive line anyway and the plate that holds the three long bolts is bent so it will give me the chance to streighten it. Thanks much