5625 Drive Motors fill pipe plug?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Blaine Man

Been trying to remove the fill plug for the L.H. drive motor. Driving me crazy, the plugs have a broached square hole size of .310 (5/16"). The S.A.E. standard is 3/8" which is your standard ratchet. I can not find any drive sockets of this size. I ground down a 3/8" extension which broke at the spring plunger as soon pressure was applied. My next move to grind down another extension first grinding off the plunger. The hole is clean and without a special Dremill tool size opening is out of the question. I will be adding a "T" rather than a plug for future access. This is the only thing preventing me from reassembly of the floor pan. I hope you and yours are safe at this time out there, Thank You.

Blaine any chance you could modify a bolt head that fits a 5/16 wrench? Then double nut the other end? Shot in the dark. Otherwise I know some taps have square heads on them. Good luck

OP
OP
B

Blaine Man

Blaine any chance you could modify a bolt head that fits a 5/16 wrench? Then double nut the other end? Shot in the dark. Otherwise I know some taps have square heads on them. Good luck
I was going to they to use a tap but they are so hard they would shatter even if I heated the pipe plug.

I was going to they to use a tap but they are so hard they would shatter even if I heated the pipe plug.
Just did mine. 3/8 drive ratchet removed all 4 plugs.... there was no oil in either one.... there is now

OP
OP
B

Blaine Man

Just did mine. 3/8 drive ratchet removed all 4 plugs.... there was no oil in either one.... there is now
Just a update I wish I knew 3 months ago. This pipe plug has a metric square in it. Had to buy a special bit for it, the plug was labelled as a oil drain plug. It is a 3/8" socket wrench with a 8MM male end. Mac Tool part #XS48MM bought directly from Mac for $12 delivered. I already have the pipe fittings to make a "T" to permanently leave in for assess. The RH motor must be filled with the cab lifted and is almost blind from the Hydraulic hoses. I hope you and yours are safe with the virus!