553 Lap bar sensor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cheesecurd

Have a 553F that has BICS. no seat sensor. Just lapbar light, traction light, boom valve light, power and system activated lights. i jumped right in and continuity tested lap bar sensor wires to bics connector and all seem good. out of habit i never checked anything with lapbar up only with lapbar down. with lapbar down i get three blinks(short to ground i believe). with lapbar up i get a green light and i press the PTO/traction lock button and we are good. With lapbar down where it is supposed to be i get three blinks. proceed to change out sensor and bushings for lapbar. same result. simply unplug lap bar sensor and everything is peachy except it doesn't dis-engage the hydraulics or set park lock when you raise lap bar. i assume something isn't happy somewhere because i always assumed you could not run these with lap bar sensor unplugged—but had never tried it until now. Anyone how much experience with these simple yet complicated sensors? it's almost like the lap bar is rotating too far. all plastic keyways are how they should be. i'm just dumbfounded what changed as old and new sensor act same way. Any ideas would be great.