553 hydraulic PSI

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dylschmidt

553 hydraulic PSI question: what is max I can set the auxiliary relief valve pressure on my 1999. I would like to take it up to at least 2500..I operate a snow blower..will this damage anything? has anyone had problems after doing this? Thanks for you advice......

flyerdan

The book, (which is in the manual thread), calls out 2000 psi as the bypass pressure, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to exceed it. If the blower is under powered, it's more likely due to flow volume; might have to change the gearing on it. Running it a bit slower will keep up, it just won't chuck snow as far into the neighbor's yard.

OP
OP
D

dylschmidt

The book, (which is in the manual thread), calls out 2000 psi as the bypass pressure, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to exceed it. If the blower is under powered, it's more likely due to flow volume; might have to change the gearing on it. Running it a bit slower will keep up, it just won't chuck snow as far into the neighbor's yard.
Thanks. I appreciate the info... I haven't been able to check the flow yet...the pump is only rated at 8.5 and I wonder if anyone has ever successfully replaced it with a larger output pump