4in 1 bucket not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hamotech

hi everyone i have a LS150 new holland bobcat and the 4 in 1 bucket is not working i have checked pressures at quick couplers on both hoses in the neutral position there is no pressure on either hose when i operate lever in one direction it as 2800 psi and in the other direction it releases the pressure this is what the manual test says it should do this happens on both quick couplers so it appears the control valve and pressure relief valves are fine , its does not appear to be a problem with the machine , now im looking at the bucket thinking it is bypassing the ram internally, as one hose pressurises it returns oil on the opposite hose without moving the bucket do they have problems like this and if so can i isolate one ram to find out which ram could be bypassing the oil , if someone could give me some input as whats going on it woukd be very appreciated , also the manual says the bucket should have a electric solenoid and valve bank on it which this bucket has not got it and did they come out without it

brdgbldr

I have never had a 4 in 1 bucket with a solenoid and valve bank.

The ones I have had just require pressure from the auxiliary hydraulics.

If I were to try to test each cylinder individually, I would isolate each cylinders hoses using plugs and caps to see if each operated or not.

OP
OP
H

hamotech

I have never had a 4 in 1 bucket with a solenoid and valve bank.

The ones I have had just require pressure from the auxiliary hydraulics.

If I were to try to test each cylinder individually, I would isolate each cylinders hoses using plugs and caps to see if each operated or not.
Ok thank you very much i will do that

spitzair

Brdgbldr is right on the money here. I have also never seen one with a solenoid valve on it. One other thing to check is if someone might have hooked hoses up wrong and the rams are fighting each other ie. one is trying to open the clamshell while the other is trying to close it…

Azhayseed

hi everyone i have a LS150 new holland bobcat and the 4 in 1 bucket is not working i have checked pressures at quick couplers on both hoses in the neutral position there is no pressure on either hose when i operate lever in one direction it as 2800 psi and in the other direction it releases the pressure this is what the manual test says it should do this happens on both quick couplers so it appears the control valve and pressure relief valves are fine , its does not appear to be a problem with the machine , now im looking at the bucket thinking it is bypassing the ram internally, as one hose pressurises it returns oil on the opposite hose without moving the bucket do they have problems like this and if so can i isolate one ram to find out which ram could be bypassing the oil , if someone could give me some input as whats going on it woukd be very appreciated , also the manual says the bucket should have a electric solenoid and valve bank on it which this bucket has not got it and did they come out without it
I'm thinking maybe one or both quick connect valves could be malfunctioning , not allowing oil to pass when plugged in.

OP
OP
H

hamotech

oh shit can that happen i thought when plugged in that could happen i will check that out straight away , thank you

spitzair

Excellent, that was an easy fix! Thanks for letting us know, always great to hear what the problem ended up being!

Davross22

Interesting. I've never heard of that happening before.
Goes back to the illimitation process and never assume the simplest items are working.

Thanks for joining Hamotech.

OP
OP
H

hamotech

the quick connecter was all rusted and i could not see how it could push in to release valve so i thought thats what was wrong it it was not , i end up isolating one side ram at a time with blanking plugs as soon as i disconnected the left side the bucket worked so the left ram was crook i pulled it apart and the nut had come of the ram shaft