463 not restarting when hot

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kent Gorrell

I found a YouTube video of a 463 with a similar issue, that suggested a fuel Time shutdown.
What else could it be.
I asked ChatGPT - apparently I should check my spark plugs. I've already done that. That's always my first call when I have a problem with a deisel.

Tazza

Staff member
The easy way is to try re-starting with manually pushing the stop solenoid into the run position, see if it starts, i would doubt the timer is the issue, more likely the solenoid is sticking or the shut down lever that the solenoid pulls on is binding up and over time the springs allow it to return to the run position.

These engines are very simple, but the shut down solenoid runs in the reverse of most fuel shut down solenoids. Most are in the stop position when you cut the power, these need to power to pull and shut the engine off.

OP
OP
K

Kent Gorrell

@foton: no ChatGPT said to check the spark plug gaps. So much for AI.
@Tazza: "manually pushing the stop solenoid into the run position" where would I find the stop solenoid? or do you mean the brake solenoid or the fuel pull solenoid?

Tazza

Staff member
It will be on top of the engine, a round cylinder that joins to an arm, near the fuel injector pump.

Latest posts