453 stalling after running well for 30 minutes

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mrmike

Seams like its running out of fuel , pump fuel ball and limp it back to the garage, install a new fuel filter a while ago , it's running at normal water temp. All oil levels are good. Thank mike 99 3 cyl diesel

SkidRoe

Check the fuel line inside your fuel tank, it may have broken off. Remove the fuel gauge / cap on the right side and have an assistant shine a flash light in while you look in through the fuel filler cap on the left. You should be able to see if the the siphon tube is still intact or not. HTH.

OP
OP
M

Mrmike

Check the fuel line inside your fuel tank, it may have broken off. Remove the fuel gauge / cap on the right side and have an assistant shine a flash light in while you look in through the fuel filler cap on the left. You should be able to see if the the siphon tube is still intact or not. HTH.
Thanks I will check that , I did fill up the tank though ,is there a screen on the intake Line in the tank Mike

SkidRoe

Thanks I will check that , I did fill up the tank though ,is there a screen on the intake Line in the tank Mike
Yes, there is a brass screen on the end of the line. When it breaks off, it's a fun thing to fish out.

OP
OP
M

Mrmike

Yes, there is a brass screen on the end of the line. When it breaks off, it's a fun thing to fish out.
Thanks for all your help It was a crack in the fuel line just below pick up elbow on the top of the tank And there was a brass screened check valve on the end of the pick up line Replaced that section Had a fight of a time getting the dry lines re purged with diesel .. Works great again. Mike

SkidRoe

Thanks for all your help It was a crack in the fuel line just below pick up elbow on the top of the tank And there was a brass screened check valve on the end of the pick up line Replaced that section Had a fight of a time getting the dry lines re purged with diesel .. Works great again. Mike
Cool! Good to hear that fixed it.