453 aux cab heater

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mrmike

Hi can you offer help on where on the 3 cyl diesel I could connect the supply and return for a cab heater install Thanks Mike

Tazza

Staff member
I don't remember exactly if the 3 cylinder ones had a by-pass hose or not (Pretty sure it does). But if it has one, that is where you hook the lines to i believe.
I'm sure someone will give their 2c worth too that has actually done it. It never gets cold enough here to need a heated cab.

skayser2

I don't remember exactly if the 3 cylinder ones had a by-pass hose or not (Pretty sure it does). But if it has one, that is where you hook the lines to i believe.
I'm sure someone will give their 2c worth too that has actually done it. It never gets cold enough here to need a heated cab.
Yes, the 463 has a by-pass hose but only 3/8". I've added a homemade heater from a smaller auto trans cooler. I used 3/8 metal brake line to the heater w/small 12v fan. Not enough flow through 3/8" line. Cools off faster than it heats the cab. There is a 1/2" hole opposite the 3/8" by-pass nipple that has a temp sensor in it (also below the thermostate). Thinking about a different heater core, using the 1/2" hole and return back to the lower radiator hose instead. Still in planning stages. Steve