440B Quicktach disassembly

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rjitreeman0909

I am lucky that my 440B has the Quicktach option. I am unlucky in that the Quicktach is seized up (20+years of dirt and florida rain) preventing utilization . Does anyone have a shop manual showing the Quicktach in an exploded view to aid in understanding how to disassemble and regain function. Looking forward to the intended utility of implement changeout. Input on Quicktach disassembly please.

Tazza

Staff member
Is this bobtach the style that has all the moving parts covered by a metal plate? if so, you need to get into it with a grinder and cut the plate to access the moving parts and clean/grease it.
I have done this to a 453, not fun, but doable.

OP
OP
R

rjitreeman0909

Is this bobtach the style that has all the moving parts covered by a metal plate? if so, you need to get into it with a grinder and cut the plate to access the moving parts and clean/grease it.
I have done this to a 453, not fun, but doable.
Thanks. I believe that is the style. Raining like crazy so will confim tomorrow. The issue is the main pin/plunger is stuck in the bushing or guide bore. Bob the Treeman

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks. I believe that is the style. Raining like crazy so will confim tomorrow. The issue is the main pin/plunger is stuck in the bushing or guide bore. Bob the Treeman
On the 453 i worked on, i had to cut the bucket off it was stuck tight.

SkidRoe

There should be a cover on the back held on with 1 bolt, that is the main access to the mechanism. There are round access holes on the front face that you can insert tools into to remove the fasteners. Some are for hex keys, others are for regular sockets.
If you go onto the Bobcat on-line parts catalog, there are exploded views of the mechanism available.
In the 27 years that I have owned mine, I have had to totally rebuild it twice.
Hope this helps! SR