440 Mustang

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

z4lunch

Steve here... Newbee to the forum, I just bought a '79 440 diesel from a friend. It will be for home use to aid in putting in my yard, snow removal in the winter months. The friend i bought it from replaced it with a new Mustang... I think a 2044. Does anyone make a winter window kit for an old machine like this anymore??? Thanks Steven

73Eldo

Welcome to the group. Its a little quiet for us non Bob owners especially when they are not 'new' machines. When I was searching for anything for my 310 (I think similar vintage) I did run across places that seemed to sell various cab covers for mine. I was not looking for one so I did not look very close or bookmark anything. I have found that if you get the right dealer asking the right 'factory' person the right questions you can still get good info and sometimes parts. I got just got genuine NOS parts and operators manuals for my machine for $15 each. The first parts guy the dealer talked to said sorry nothing for that old of a machine. I had him ask for service to find out what kind of fluid the thing used and while the service guy was looking it up my dealer mentioned that it was too bad there was no manual, service guy said we have those in stock. Also turns out that my machine uses Dextron ATF. I changed it yesterday since thats not what it looked like was in there and it seems like things are running quieter but I did not really get much time to run it after I finished. Drain plug was stripped and stuck in so I had to 'suck' it out. 15 gallons takes a long time and I got a little machine.

73Eldo

Welcome to the group. Its a little quiet for us non Bob owners especially when they are not 'new' machines. When I was searching for anything for my 310 (I think similar vintage) I did run across places that seemed to sell various cab covers for mine. I was not looking for one so I did not look very close or bookmark anything. I have found that if you get the right dealer asking the right 'factory' person the right questions you can still get good info and sometimes parts. I got just got genuine NOS parts and operators manuals for my machine for $15 each. The first parts guy the dealer talked to said sorry nothing for that old of a machine. I had him ask for service to find out what kind of fluid the thing used and while the service guy was looking it up my dealer mentioned that it was too bad there was no manual, service guy said we have those in stock. Also turns out that my machine uses Dextron ATF. I changed it yesterday since thats not what it looked like was in there and it seems like things are running quieter but I did not really get much time to run it after I finished. Drain plug was stripped and stuck in so I had to 'suck' it out. 15 gallons takes a long time and I got a little machine.
Here is one I found. Dont know anything about them or if this is the style you are looking for but at least they list your machine.
www.burchmfg.com/ind_heat_houser/mustang_owatonna.htm

OP
OP
Z

z4lunch

Here is one I found. Dont know anything about them or if this is the style you are looking for but at least they list your machine.
www.burchmfg.com/ind_heat_houser/mustang_owatonna.htm
Thank you!!! I will give them a call Steven

jerry

Thank you!!! I will give them a call Steven
Hi, if you need a cheap enclosure for the winter go to wal-mart in the fabric section they have heavy clear vinyl that lasts for at least two winters for the sides, put lexan over the rear window and make a door from lexan if available with a metal frame. depends on how much money is available for the cab. I used plexiglass for the door because I had it and it has been fine.

mllud

Hi, if you need a cheap enclosure for the winter go to wal-mart in the fabric section they have heavy clear vinyl that lasts for at least two winters for the sides, put lexan over the rear window and make a door from lexan if available with a metal frame. depends on how much money is available for the cab. I used plexiglass for the door because I had it and it has been fine.
I dont know if these people have on for yours. http://stores.ebay.com/Top-Notch-Tractor-Sales Not to expensive.I think they use valcro. I didnt know wal mart sold that clear plastic. Mike

Idoitall

For a less expensive option, I would think that most any upholstery shop can make you one similar to those used on golf carts. Snap-on would be a better option than vel-cro.