435 engine concern

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

spinner

Hi guys, I am wondering if I could get a few opinions on something. I pulled my 435 over to the shop tonight for a quick service and grease before I put it to work tomorrow. It has been sitting for about a month or so without being used or started. When I opened the cowls I noticed that the coolant level was low for a cool or cold engine. I had a look a the engine oil and it seemed to be slightly over full and quite soupy or thin. I am concerned I may have a blown head gasket or cracked head that has gone un-noticed. I has not been running hot and I have not noticed any unusual exhaust color. It has 4300 hours on it. Any thoughts? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Generally coolant in the oil would make it white i believe. I'd start by topping the coolant up and changing the oil. Check it in a day or so and see if it has moved.
Fuel in the oil woild thin it out too. Does it smell of fuel at all? Lift pumps can leak, causing fuel to enter the engine.

hydrostatic

Generally coolant in the oil would make it white i believe. I'd start by topping the coolant up and changing the oil. Check it in a day or so and see if it has moved.
Fuel in the oil woild thin it out too. Does it smell of fuel at all? Lift pumps can leak, causing fuel to enter the engine.
take out the dipstick and put a lighter under it when it pops and cracks when burn posible coolant when it just burn its diesel or just engine oil