430 - Shut Off and Won't Start Back

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidboy

You won't get a parts book off the net, bobcat sells them though.

It should look something like that.
Is your 430 a keyless start or does it have a key ?
22.02 is" starter error on " This means that the controller is sensing that there is power to the starter feedback wire when there shouldn't be. Wouldn't hurt to swap over the start relay with another one.
I guess that you have checked the METAL in line fuel filter ? this can be a trap as it is on the suction side of the pump .
Checking the output of the injector pump is tricky ,as with an injector pipe disconnected and turning the engine over , all you will see is diesel SPITTING out . It will not pump out much fuel. With that said if there is no fuel you would have to look for an injector pump problem.
Keep us informed.

Fishfiles

Is your 430 a keyless start or does it have a key ?
22.02 is" starter error on " This means that the controller is sensing that there is power to the starter feedback wire when there shouldn't be. Wouldn't hurt to swap over the start relay with another one.
I guess that you have checked the METAL in line fuel filter ? this can be a trap as it is on the suction side of the pump .
Checking the output of the injector pump is tricky ,as with an injector pipe disconnected and turning the engine over , all you will see is diesel SPITTING out . It will not pump out much fuel. With that said if there is no fuel you would have to look for an injector pump problem.
Keep us informed.
Skid'da , I just seen this a couple of weeks ago so its a real fresh picture for me , on a Bobcat322 Without injector tubes hooked up to the plungers fuel will stream out in thin high power pulsating blast , high enough to hit a 15 ft celling and atomizied in the air and it was raining diesel , the throttle lever was wide open when doing this , the injector pumps are very similar and with that being said , do you think it was a freak accident

OP
OP
T

TigerWebb30

Skid'da , I just seen this a couple of weeks ago so its a real fresh picture for me , on a Bobcat322 Without injector tubes hooked up to the plungers fuel will stream out in thin high power pulsating blast , high enough to hit a 15 ft celling and atomizied in the air and it was raining diesel , the throttle lever was wide open when doing this , the injector pumps are very similar and with that being said , do you think it was a freak accident
I finally got my 430 to crank back up. I'm still not sure what happened but bleeding the fuel lines again got me going. I opened the bleeding screw on the fuel filter and then the two on the pump and once I got a good stream of fuel and tightened them back up, the machine cranked right up. I had tried this once before so I'm still puzzled but its working now. I haven't found what caused the problem in the first place either. The machine showed a half tank of fuel when it quit and I have run the machine well below a quarter before and had no problems. I don't know if the gauge has quit working correctly or if it was just the way I had the machine sitting but somehow it apparently quit picking up fuel and got air in the lines. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and comments!

stockyv

I finally got my 430 to crank back up. I'm still not sure what happened but bleeding the fuel lines again got me going. I opened the bleeding screw on the fuel filter and then the two on the pump and once I got a good stream of fuel and tightened them back up, the machine cranked right up. I had tried this once before so I'm still puzzled but its working now. I haven't found what caused the problem in the first place either. The machine showed a half tank of fuel when it quit and I have run the machine well below a quarter before and had no problems. I don't know if the gauge has quit working correctly or if it was just the way I had the machine sitting but somehow it apparently quit picking up fuel and got air in the lines. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and comments!
first price goes to...
attachment.php

TAZZA many thanks ! :eek:)