335 bobcat main drive pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bingoo

has Anyone reassembled a bobcat 335 drive pump . Rexroth a10vo pump . Only about 7 parts but is there any thing to watch for . the spline on the end of the drive shaft broke off and needed to be replaced . no other damage . thks

Tazza

Staff member
I have never done one of those pumps, but i believe they are all essentially the same.
As long as you make sure all the parts are oiled up and clean when you put it back together, you should be right.

OP
OP
B

bingoo

I have never done one of those pumps, but i believe they are all essentially the same.
As long as you make sure all the parts are oiled up and clean when you put it back together, you should be right.
thks tazza . i was worried about having the swashplate lined up the right way . meaning the bigger holes should go on the inlet side of the pump? I think?

Tazza

Staff member
thks tazza . i was worried about having the swashplate lined up the right way . meaning the bigger holes should go on the inlet side of the pump? I think?
I would say so, the bigger hole is generally inlet, smaller is outlet.

OP
OP
B

bingoo

I would say so, the bigger hole is generally inlet, smaller is outlet.
thks tazza i have the new part , the shaft , but the only part that is giving me trouble is how the retaining ball sets on the cylinder block pins . does the retaining ball set fully seated ( touching ) the cylinder block or does the retaining ball just set on the pins and there is a space between the cylinder block and the retaining ball . if i had the answer i would have this thing back together . bingoo

OP
OP
B

bingoo

thks tazza i have the new part , the shaft , but the only part that is giving me trouble is how the retaining ball sets on the cylinder block pins . does the retaining ball set fully seated ( touching ) the cylinder block or does the retaining ball just set on the pins and there is a space between the cylinder block and the retaining ball . if i had the answer i would have this thing back together . bingoo
got it back together and yes the retaining ball just sets on the cylinder block pins . The pins do not in anyway protrude into the retaining ball . Just adding this piece of info in case someone has the same problem .

Tazza

Staff member
got it back together and yes the retaining ball just sets on the cylinder block pins . The pins do not in anyway protrude into the retaining ball . Just adding this piece of info in case someone has the same problem .
Glad you got it sorted out, sorry i couldn't help, never cracked open one of these ones.