331 travel speed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CanAm

I was using my 331 for the fist time in 3 weeks yesterday and noticed that the fast speed wasn't what it should be. I figured it just needed more time to warm up. When I was cleaning my tracks out at the end of the day I noticed one track was changing speeds no problem when the button was pushed. The other side stayed at a constant speed. It was faster then low gear, but slower then high gear. I hate to sound naive but does anybody have any input on what I'm getting into? I've a few more trees to plant tomorrow with it and then I'm bringing it back to the shop. Any ideas would be great. Thanks, Marc

Fishfiles

did it use to be ok , are you sure , it could be two different travel motors , did you buy the machine used or ever had a travel motor changed , 331 had replacement tavel motors that did't match the original from the factory and there are alot of them out there you have to keep adjusting your walking a straight line , just a first thought if no, I'd start by checking and or flushing and refilling the planetary oil if needed

OP
OP
C

CanAm

did it use to be ok , are you sure , it could be two different travel motors , did you buy the machine used or ever had a travel motor changed , 331 had replacement tavel motors that did't match the original from the factory and there are alot of them out there you have to keep adjusting your walking a straight line , just a first thought if no, I'd start by checking and or flushing and refilling the planetary oil if needed
I bought the machine used and the dealership had it in on a trade and didn't know much of the history. Until now everything seemed to work normal and I never tried running the tracks at different speeds other then when I was first looking at it to check everything out. If I remember right they were working normal but I can't be positive. It tracks pretty straight. I'll start checking it out when I bring it back. I really haven't put many hours on it since I bought it, so it's still new to me.