331 hydraulic boost

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

plumber

i have a 2002 331 and love it. it now has 2600hrs on it. it still runs great. no problems to speak of. a few day ago i decided to get a new machine. i found a 2007 331 with 400 hours. so i got it. sometimes i really think i need a little more machine. but not very often. i am a plumber and dig sewers mainly. i really only have problems digging in really hard ground and deep long holes for septic tanks. i am wondering if i should have got a 335but i really dont want the extra weight and width on my customers nice and sometimes small lawns. i have also heard rumors about people increasing the hydraulic pressure and gpm on the 331 to match the 335 since they have the same engine. i know the 331 very well and i think a little extra breakout would come in handy. i know the extra power may exceed bobcat specs but with some discipline it should be ok. please give some feedback. thanks, new member.

Land-Tech

I have a 331 and and it's a 96 and always thought it had plenty of power to run a longer stick for more reach,or an oversize bucket. I also have an 435 and the 331 is just much easer to get into tight places. I think you are ahead by modifying the machine you have if it is in good shape. Scott

Dirtwise

There are things to think about, more GPM thru smaller hose's. Means more heat so you may have to increase you hyd cooler size. price of 800- 2000 bucks plus the fan. Then you have PSI check all hose's making sure they can handle the added PSI. Then have fun keeping a EYE on the welds all over the boom, and the temp of the hyd oil. I found out bigger machine is just fine. Later Dirtwise