320D Water Pump Replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Swt6Spd

Notice the 2010 320D is leaking coolant around the the water pump seal area. Curious how difficult has it been to replace the water pump and seal. Looks like to accomplish it. 1) Raise Boom 2) Use Boom Lock 3) Release belt 4) Remove the 5 bolts holding the water pump on. 5) Remove water pump. Then reverse the proccess. Is removing the bolts difficult with the available clearances? Any chance any of them are seized? How long did it take you? Thank you for the insight.

OP
OP
S

Swt6Spd

Water Pump replacement complete. Overall it is a pretty straight forward repair. The bolts broke free with minimal effort. The bolt on the bottom of the water pump to the left was the hardest to get to, because of no visibility. Torque spec for the bolts was 230 in-lbs (yes in-lbs) per the dealer, but that was the lubricated spec. I used the non-lubricated spec of ~29.5 ft-lbs per the manual. I would recommend the purchase of 5 new bolts as they come with thread lock on the threads. Total part cost Water Pump Deere Reman - $244.18, less $50 core for $194.18, new gasket comes with the pump Bolts (5) @ $2.78 - $13.90 Deere Gasket Sealant $45.30 Coolguard II 2.5 gallon $32.21 While the belt is off, I just replaced it with a new one V-Belt $58.74 All in cost - $344.33

Tazza

Staff member
Water Pump replacement complete. Overall it is a pretty straight forward repair. The bolts broke free with minimal effort. The bolt on the bottom of the water pump to the left was the hardest to get to, because of no visibility. Torque spec for the bolts was 230 in-lbs (yes in-lbs) per the dealer, but that was the lubricated spec. I used the non-lubricated spec of ~29.5 ft-lbs per the manual. I would recommend the purchase of 5 new bolts as they come with thread lock on the threads. Total part cost Water Pump Deere Reman - $244.18, less $50 core for $194.18, new gasket comes with the pump Bolts (5) @ $2.78 - $13.90 Deere Gasket Sealant $45.30 Coolguard II 2.5 gallon $32.21 While the belt is off, I just replaced it with a new one V-Belt $58.74 All in cost - $344.33
Glad you got it sorted out.
It surprises me that they remanufacture water pumps, i thought everything was just throw away these days.