3 point hitch adapter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bandit1047

I just completed this three point hitch adapter. I also added removable forks.
This is my very first welment. I hope it holds up to the task.
3 pt. Quick attach W forks 023 by you.

3 pt. Quick attach W forks 016 by you.

Tazza

Staff member
Impressive, looks pretty tough too!!.
The only thing i personally would have done differently was one or maybe two more supports for the rod thats used for the forks.
Let us know how it performs.

sandhills-elect

Impressive, looks pretty tough too!!.
The only thing i personally would have done differently was one or maybe two more supports for the rod thats used for the forks.
Let us know how it performs.
Very nice well done hope you saved a little and learn a little, for the next project. See ya around here Brent.

OP
OP
B

Bandit1047

Very nice well done hope you saved a little and learn a little, for the next project. See ya around here Brent.
I made this from Pieces of steel I had laying around the farm. I learned it takes twice as long as you first think it will take to make something like this. I also learned I am greatfull I did not make welding my career. I am going to make a center support for that bar. I realized it would be a lot better if it had that support. Joe

mllud

I made this from Pieces of steel I had laying around the farm. I learned it takes twice as long as you first think it will take to make something like this. I also learned I am greatfull I did not make welding my career. I am going to make a center support for that bar. I realized it would be a lot better if it had that support. Joe
Joe; Looks like a useful attachment. Using what you have makes the price right. Welding is not my favorite job but it turns steel into tools. I dont weld well from the bottom.most of the time that can be avoided if it can be flipped.Most retired welders have trouble breathing and skin cancer from U.V. Nice Job. Mike

Tazza

Staff member
Joe; Looks like a useful attachment. Using what you have makes the price right. Welding is not my favorite job but it turns steel into tools. I dont weld well from the bottom.most of the time that can be avoided if it can be flipped.Most retired welders have trouble breathing and skin cancer from U.V. Nice Job. Mike
I don't mind welding small things, but when i repaired my 4 in 1 a year or so back that was NOT fun. I did about 9 lineal metres of welding with the MIG. I usually don't mind welding but when your hand cramps up from holding the torch while wearing gloves its old and fast!. I am a bit naughty with not wearing gloves most of the time but any welding jobs that require more than say 1 rod worth if you don't wear gloves you get burnt.
The UV is over looked by so many people, i have heard stories of skin cancer from welders, especially the V where your shirt meets under your neck. I never seem to get burnt there but i get it on the back of my hands and when crouching down i get it on my thighs.
One day i'll buy some leathers so i don't get burnt!
Glad you had the steel, it sure helps keep the costs down.