2600 Hydrostat issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bstouffer

I've got a 2600 which has got me stumped. I recently had the hydrostats on both sides re-sealed and replaced shafts and bearings in both, but it was not a complete rebuild. It fixed the leaks and I thought everything was great, however once it warms up the left side gets weak and eventually quits working all together. Shut it off, let it cool down, everything is great again until it warms up, then left side quits again. Both left and right hydrostsats are connected to the same shaft and everything is spinning, did not have this problem before the work was done. Is there some kind of bypass valve inside that could be sticking? It seems weird the way it works great when cold, and the failure is like clockwork after a few minutes. I plan on tearing it apart soon to see if its anything obvious but wondered if anyone has any ideas.

Tazza

Staff member
You are talking the pump?
If it wasn;t doing this before, sadly i think you will need to go back in to see what's up. Did you check the wear plates for marks? if they are marked, they could be giving you a lack of power as the machine warms up as the oil thins out and by-passes.

OP
OP
B

Bstouffer

You are talking the pump?
If it wasn;t doing this before, sadly i think you will need to go back in to see what's up. Did you check the wear plates for marks? if they are marked, they could be giving you a lack of power as the machine warms up as the oil thins out and by-passes.
On this unit the pump and motor is all one assembly, one on each side. I removed both sides and took them to a shop to be looked over and it was a real debacle, they put them together wrong and it took repeated trips to get it right. Once I reinstalled them it was winter time and when I tried them out everything seemed to work so I parked it till spring. I'm going to dissasemble it myself this time, hopefully I can see something obvious.

Ezrider_92356

On this unit the pump and motor is all one assembly, one on each side. I removed both sides and took them to a shop to be looked over and it was a real debacle, they put them together wrong and it took repeated trips to get it right. Once I reinstalled them it was winter time and when I tried them out everything seemed to work so I parked it till spring. I'm going to dissasemble it myself this time, hopefully I can see something obvious.
http://files.danfoss.com/documents/series%2015%20transmissions%20service%20manual/bln-9646.pdf this should be a link to a pdf for information for you hydrostatic drive. with repair/diagnostic information.

OP
OP
B

Bstouffer

http://files.danfoss.com/documents/series%2015%20transmissions%20service%20manual/bln-9646.pdf this should be a link to a pdf for information for you hydrostatic drive. with repair/diagnostic information.
Thanks Ezrider! That's awesome- exactly what I need!

Latest posts