252B Slow Travel Speed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Marshallbell72

Hello, When I looked up the specs on the skid steer I recently bought, it said the travel spread was around 7mph. I don't have a ton of experience with skid steers and my googling isn't turning up much. I've used the iPhone speedometer app and I with full RPM was only able to get it to 4mph. I have standard tire size and ensured the throttle cable is moving the throttle all the way to the factory set stopper. I'm planning to get a laser tachometer to see if the RPMS are. I've replaced the hydraulic filter. I didn't see metal in the oil left in the old filter. Overall, the hydraulics for driving and the bucket seem smooth and responsive. The bucket operation speed seems good. Everything seems good except top speed. I also made sure that both sides are driving by getting the joystick such that one side is stationary and the other is the only one driving. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Marshall

OP
OP
M

Marshallbell72

Looks like I may have figured it out. Seems bazaar - picked up a laser RPM gauge and found at max throttle I am only at 1950 RPMs instead of ~2900. I looked at the "throttle lever" (not sure what it's called) that the throttle cable connects to on to of the injection pump. It looks like someone incorrectly repositioned (hopefully) this lever bc at low throttle, it's about 1/2" from touching the stop screw.

Latest posts