236b no power when ignition turned on

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

riataag

2004 236B My kids drove the machine out in the pasture and put out some hay and parked it in front of the barn - an hour later I came by to put it in the barn and turned the key on and nothing. No warning lights, headlights won't come on, nothing - I'm thinking its a relay or something but I don't have a repair manual for the machine. The battery shows to be good, the blue button circuit breaker up above the battery isn't tripped and with test light both posts show power there. On the other side by the air filter on this machine there are 5 replays with a 12V post and a few red wires connected to that post - it also has power. I don't think its a faulty safety switch on the seat or arm bar because in the past when you were sitting in the seat but turned the key on the warning lights and headlights would work - I don't do that very much but my memory is telling me that. Any suggestions where I could check before calling the CAT guys out and having to spend money I'd rather not if its just a fuse or relay - Thank you -

sotexbus

2004 236B My kids drove the machine out in the pasture and put out some hay and parked it in front of the barn - an hour later I came by to put it in the barn and turned the key on and nothing. No warning lights, headlights won't come on, nothing - I'm thinking its a relay or something but I don't have a repair manual for the machine. The battery shows to be good, the blue button circuit breaker up above the battery isn't tripped and with test light both posts show power there. On the other side by the air filter on this machine there are 5 replays with a 12V post and a few red wires connected to that post - it also has power. I don't think its a faulty safety switch on the seat or arm bar because in the past when you were sitting in the seat but turned the key on the warning lights and headlights would work - I don't do that very much but my memory is telling me that. Any suggestions where I could check before calling the CAT guys out and having to spend money I'd rather not if its just a fuse or relay - Thank you -
I'm having the same issue but I do not see a circuit breaker or relays! Any resolution on ur end?

Yukonr

I had a similar problem with my 01 226. Left it on site overnight and when I came back it was dead. Same as your issue. It ended up being the ground cable from the battery to the back of the engine. It looked all nice and clean and tight (only 1000hr machine), but taking it off and torquing it back on good, away went the problem. Check all you ground points. Hope that helps. Cheers