2060 mustang control problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

homer

I have a 2060 skidsteer 1996 model 225 hrs. when you start the machine it will begin to move foward at a slow speed unless you lay your leg against the right control applying a slight back pressure. When you bring the engine to an idle the machine will start a left turn in reverse usually, sometimes it will make a left turn in a foward direction, as soon as you throttle up it will stop the turn and begin a straight foward creeping motion. It will do it wether the park brake is on or off. The original filters were just changed, they had not been changed at the 50 hrs interval as required.

jwfarm

We used to have a 960 and I think they are similar. The first thing to look at would be the dampers that help center the controls on the hydro. Based on the age of your machine, I would say that is a definite possibility. It has been a while since I have worked on that 960, but I think there is a prodecure in the book to go through so it will not creep on you. As for the brake not holding, if it is the same brake the 960 had, they don't do much if they are not in really good shape. Good luck

OP
OP
H

homer

We used to have a 960 and I think they are similar. The first thing to look at would be the dampers that help center the controls on the hydro. Based on the age of your machine, I would say that is a definite possibility. It has been a while since I have worked on that 960, but I think there is a prodecure in the book to go through so it will not creep on you. As for the brake not holding, if it is the same brake the 960 had, they don't do much if they are not in really good shape. Good luck
Thanks, I have an operators manual ordered. Hopefully it will have some procedure for adjusting the controls.

Latest posts