2054 wiring problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RobertM

I just acquired a 2004 2054. I new I had wiring issues right out of the gate, but for the price I figured I couldn't go wrong. As it stands right now, Cranks over Starts, quits as soon as you let go of the key. I'm guessing the fuel shutoff solenoid is only getting juice during the crank cycle. There's 3 wires on it, I'm assuming Ground, Pull down, and Hold My assumption is I have voltage to the pull down during crank, but no hold voltage. My current guess is either no charge pressure, or bad charge pressure switch OR bad key switch.
The timer on the side of the engine has been bypassed, I'm told its a problem and that's the standard solution. I'm pretty sure its not fuel related, It only turns over a couple times and fires right up, If you let off the key just slightly it will keep running. If it goes completely to the run position it quits.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd check that the hold coil isn't burnt out too, check that you have power going to it and that its not stopping when you stop cranking. If there is power still there, you have a burnt out coil or its out of adjustment.

OP
OP
R

RobertM

I'd check that the hold coil isn't burnt out too, check that you have power going to it and that its not stopping when you stop cranking. If there is power still there, you have a burnt out coil or its out of adjustment.
Turns out it was just butchered wiring, All is good now, starts runs, interlocks work park circuit works. And eliminated the computer, so the only thing I really lost was auto shutdown.

Tazza

Staff member
Turns out it was just butchered wiring, All is good now, starts runs, interlocks work park circuit works. And eliminated the computer, so the only thing I really lost was auto shutdown.
Good to hear you got it sorted out.

skidsteer.ca

Good to hear you got it sorted out.
If you want auto shut down that is not a total nighmare look to www.fwmurphy.com they have a whole range of products including mechaincal and electric guages with switches build in the can turn on warning light or shut you off, you preference.
Ken