2017 T740 Lift arm won't lower except when using float

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bruce540

I just bought it, I don't know the history, it looks like no troubleshooting was attempted. No codes come up. The arm goes up but won't come down unless the float button is used. Tilt up and down are working but it shudders when tilting down (separate issue?). The emergency lower function is working- quarter turn and lift. I swapped the electrical connections between tilt and lift, the problem stayed with the lift function (won't lower). I figured the actuator was bad at that point, so I swapped actuators between lift and tilt. The problem stayed with the lift function. So it seems like the problem is not in the actuator or the control signals. I pulled the spool out and it looks OK. I am able to move the spool in and out with a screw driver although pulling it out seems alot harder than pushing it in. I tried doing the calibration (the one using the joystick) which didn't make any difference. The calibrations completed successfully but no change. I have not tried to operate the spool manually with the machine running but that would test the hydraulics. I just need to figure out a way to do it safely. Any ideas?

OP
OP
B

bruce540

I forgot to mention, when I pull the joystick back to lift, it lifts rapidly with only a small movement of the joystick but when I pull the joystick all the way back it stops lifting. Pushing the joystick forward does nothing until I press the float button, then the arms lower.