2013 T650 fuel level sending unit

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

countryboy

2013 T650, where is the fuel level sending unit? It appears to be in the center of the tank on the exploded view, which is right under the engine. Looks like you have to drop the tank to get to it, hope I am wrong. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
C

countryboy

2013 T650, where is the fuel level sending unit? It appears to be in the center of the tank on the exploded view, which is right under the engine. Looks like you have to drop the tank to get to it, hope I am wrong. Thanks in advance
The reason I was asking on sending unit location is my fuel level is not reading correctly, tank is full and the gauge is reading 3/8. I wanted check and clean the connections. Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

I just did one, on a T650, it's between the motor and the HST.
Remove the muffler, the pipe from the turbo to the muffler, and look down behind the engine, took some serious cleaning then I could see it and remove it, I used a basin wrench, but you would be better off with a socket to fit the sending unit, I don't know the size, it's BIG.

OP
OP
C

countryboy

I just did one, on a T650, it's between the motor and the HST.
Remove the muffler, the pipe from the turbo to the muffler, and look down behind the engine, took some serious cleaning then I could see it and remove it, I used a basin wrench, but you would be better off with a socket to fit the sending unit, I don't know the size, it's BIG.
Thanks again for the info, fixing to tackle this job, one question once you get the muffler and pipe from the turbo off, can you reach the sensor with long needle nose pliers to unplug the sensor? Thanks

brdgbldr

I just replaced mine on my A300. It should be a 1-5/8" socket but mine had been roughed up by someone in the past trying to get it out so a slightly larger socket would have been nice.

You may want to see if you can reach the wires with your hand from the side access panel. You will be shoulder deep and have to do it by feel. Make sure you have a good work light that you can get in the machine. A flashlight will also help but a light inside the machine won't throw as many shadows and you will want both hands free. Good light makes a huge difference when working on these.

Mine was under part of the pump. I ended up having to use wide mouth vice grips to get my sending unit out but I also did it from the side access panel. I needed a universal joint to get a socket on the replacement. Basin wrenches are great for hard to reach items. I had to use one on hydraulic hoses that normally take a special offset wrench to get to.

OP
OP
C

countryboy

Got the muffler off today, but have to still get the turbo piping off. At least I can see the sensor now, I don't believe my has side access panels, but would be nice if it did. Also would be nice if my arms were a foot longer.

OP
OP
C

countryboy

Finished it today, ended up coming from the front working over the HST, had to do it all by feel. Ended up having to cut one wrench so it would fit in a confine space.