2013 Deere 323D hydraulic issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fireguy951

well, i certainly wish i had researched more on these machined prior to buying one. Always chasing one issue or another. Finally think I've rectified the hard as heck starting, but now..... machine starts, runs and has throttle response, however, when the ignition is turned on there is no audible alarms anymore and no dash light, fuel gauge etc. The computer reads the hours but no other functions are available. All the hydraulics remained locked out and the machi e is unusable. This happened once earlier and we simply removed the battery cables and it was rectified. This time, it didnt help. The machine was working fine when parked. Any help would be great

smelt240

In my limited experience with these machines, low battery voltage can wreak havoc on them. My old 2013 318D had serious cold start issues, that were solved by simply unhooking the battery cable when not in use. I ended up installing a battery tender, and those issues seemed to disappear, along with some other quirky little gremlins..

OP
OP
F

Fireguy951

Thanks for the advice. Checked as much as i was comfortable with, finally had to call the dealer mobile mechanic......turned out to be the main display/computer.. $1020cnd in parts later, back u and running,,,, for now

OP
OP
F

Fireguy951

In my limited experience with these machines, low battery voltage can wreak havoc on them. My old 2013 318D had serious cold start issues, that were solved by simply unhooking the battery cable when not in use. I ended up installing a battery tender, and those issues seemed to disappear, along with some other quirky little gremlins..
i've noticed that the voltage drops below 9v while cranking, so , have a new battery there and also changed the starter to a 2.6 which is "supposed:" to help. i may take your advice and wire in a tender.

Thanks