2008 T190 Turbo

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Strtbobber

So, a few have told me I need to replace my turbo due the oil present. Can anyone please explain to me why? And what exactly do I need to replace? How can I attach pics?

flyerdan

If there is a bad seal in the turbo that is letting oil into the intake, it can eventually lead to a runaway, which could blow the engine. Due to the speed and precision of the turbo, they are generally replaced rather than just resealed as a diy.
As for the pics, in Firefox at least, you have to physically input all of the html coding to get any kind of formatting. If you have them stored on the web somewhere (including here, in the photo section), you can just drop the link text and one of us will be along to sort it.

Tazza

Staff member
If there is a bad seal in the turbo that is letting oil into the intake, it can eventually lead to a runaway, which could blow the engine. Due to the speed and precision of the turbo, they are generally replaced rather than just resealed as a diy.
As for the pics, in Firefox at least, you have to physically input all of the html coding to get any kind of formatting. If you have them stored on the web somewhere (including here, in the photo section), you can just drop the link text and one of us will be along to sort it.
As flyerdan mentioned, if you leave it alone and the seal is indeed bad, it could cause a run away that means the engine will keep running by burning engine oil till it's all gone and the engine will be destroyed as it will run dry due to the fact you can only stop it by blocking the air intake.
It's possible a turbo shop could do the repair for you, i agree that it's not really a DIY job, some turbos can spin up to over 150,000 RPM so they need to be balanced.

bobbie-g

As flyerdan mentioned, if you leave it alone and the seal is indeed bad, it could cause a run away that means the engine will keep running by burning engine oil till it's all gone and the engine will be destroyed as it will run dry due to the fact you can only stop it by blocking the air intake.
It's possible a turbo shop could do the repair for you, i agree that it's not really a DIY job, some turbos can spin up to over 150,000 RPM so they need to be balanced.
Strtbobber, did you get this sorted out? If not, I can look up my notes and maybe provide a bit more info. :) ---Bobbie-G

Latest posts