2006 New Holland L160 has long delay in getting oil pressure on cold start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tsteffes123

I have a 2006 L160 that after setting for several days, will take up to 10 seconds to get oil pressure. If restarted warm or cold oil pressure comes up normally. Even if setting only 24 hours oil pressure comes up pretty good,,, maybe 3 seconds. I have changed filters several times thinking bad check valve, have changed the oil bypass valve in the block and nothing seems to make any difference. I have always run rotella 15/40. I have put a mechanical gauge on it to make sure it was not a sending unit issue and the gauge would confirm no pressure and then pops immediately to 50 PSI at 1800 rpm no real ramp up. I did not keep the gauge on until engine was warm. I have been told that this is ok and I struggle with that. Seems oil is leaking back and emptying the oil system, bad oil pump, problem with oil pick up??? Has anyone seen this condition? Is this the way they are? Any feedback would be hugely appreciated!!!!! I purchased this machine in this condition so done have any history.

Mike10

While you may not like it, that is normal and will not cause any harm. The reason for the delay is the oil sender is the last component in the circuit so it is the last to pressurize.

OP
OP
T

tsteffes123

While you may not like it, that is normal and will not cause any harm. The reason for the delay is the oil sender is the last component in the circuit so it is the last to pressurize.
thanks for the feedback Mike. I will likely never get accustomed to this condition. I have been on the thinking about taking the engine apart to hunt for the issue. Thanks for setting me straight