2006 bobcat 325 g wont start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Woogers64

Hi , my bobcat 325 wont start . It cranks over ,but wont start . The gauges and lights are not working and the digital hr meter is not working . Any ideas ? Thanks

Bswwood

Remove the panel and remove the plugs, inspect the pins and sockets. The plug on the far right of the panel provides power and is usually the one that has bad connections.

OP
OP
W

Woogers64

Remove the panel and remove the plugs, inspect the pins and sockets. The plug on the far right of the panel provides power and is usually the one that has bad connections.
I removed the panel and checked all the plugs and connectors , all look good . i have 12 volts power on the right side connector . I have found that if i leave the the ignition on and let it sit for a while the controller comes to life. Turn the engine off and then no life at the controller.

foton

I removed the panel and checked all the plugs and connectors , all look good . i have 12 volts power on the right side connector . I have found that if i leave the the ignition on and let it sit for a while the controller comes to life. Turn the engine off and then no life at the controller.
that is seeming to be a control card problem (starting to break down), if you run it does it seem to operate ok? or does the problem come and go?

OP
OP
W

Woogers64

that is seeming to be a control card problem (starting to break down), if you run it does it seem to operate ok? or does the problem come and go?
It runs an operates fine until you turn it off . Turn it off and the controller is dead .Leave the ignition on for a while and the controller comes to life

Tazza

Staff member
It runs an operates fine until you turn it off . Turn it off and the controller is dead .Leave the ignition on for a while and the controller comes to life
Sadly it does sound like a controller issue. Like a bad capacitor is slowly charging, then making the power supply work when it hits a point, turn off, it discharges, then you have the same wait till it fires back up.
It could be a dirty connector/bad wire giving a bad connection, the longer it sits it possibly arcs a little to make the needed connection to give he voltage needed. I' like to pull the plugs on and off a few times to try and "clean" them so you have as good of a connection as you can.
It's a job that won't cost you anything is parts at least.

OP
OP
W

Woogers64

Sadly it does sound like a controller issue. Like a bad capacitor is slowly charging, then making the power supply work when it hits a point, turn off, it discharges, then you have the same wait till it fires back up.
It could be a dirty connector/bad wire giving a bad connection, the longer it sits it possibly arcs a little to make the needed connection to give he voltage needed. I' like to pull the plugs on and off a few times to try and "clean" them so you have as good of a connection as you can.
It's a job that won't cost you anything is parts at least.
Fixed , ended up being the controller . Replaced the controller ($970) Had it programmed . Excavator now starts every time . Thanks for all the help and advise on this issue .