2004 Cat 247b continuous power issues for mower attachment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Blloyd83

Hello Everyone. I have a 2004 Cat 247b and can't seem to figure out my mower attachment. I just bought a 2021 Wolverine Brush hog/cutter. I cannot get the mower to stay engaged unless I continuously hold down on the Right Joystick thumb switch. This is very tiresome when mowing a large field. It only works in the down position, photo shown here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VWdX5dZdmqCNfqCe7 When I press the thumb switch up, it feels like the tractor is trying to pump fluid but it's blocked, it does not rotate. I can hear the hydraulic motor trying though. I'm assuming this is so that it cannot rotate backwards? With my landscape rake, up is the correct rotation. On the left joystick; bottom left button is what seems to be the continuous flow button, and based on researchI should be doing some sort of button pressing like this: 1. Press down on right joystick thumb switch 2. Press and hold left joystick bottom left button 3. Release right joystick thumb switch 4. Release left joystick bottom left button I've tried all combinations of this to no avail. What am I doing wrong here? In the shared photos I also included the different button I have available. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
B

Blloyd83

I took my time to space this out nicely and make it easy to read, but the forum just jumbles it all together.

reaperman

The thumb switch your holding also reverses the hydro flow. Brushcutters rotation I believe is counter clockwise. Many cutters have a built in check valve for one way flow only. Your on the right track with holding the thumb switch in the proper direction. Now you just have to find the correct button on the left joystick and press it down and hold it for a little bit while the mower is spinning. That should lock the hydro without having to hold the roller switch. We have a 247 but its been a while since I used it with an attachment. I never remember which button to push on the left side but with only 4 choices its simple.

Latest posts