2004 262 sticking throttle assembly replacement, need advice

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

voltage1256

Hi Everyone, I just posted to introduce myself but for you other CATerpillar guys out there, my name is Jason. I own a 226 and a 262. Two years ago the same issue occured on my 226 but that is a whole different story. Back then I was not very mechanically inclined and had just started up my business. My 2004 262 the hand throttle cable is moving, and so is the foot pedal, but when I go to bring the machine back to idle, it gets stuck at almost a high idle. I was lurking on this forum and inspected below the cab and under the pedal, and sure enough... the foot pedal assembly is getting stuck (it looks corroded and rusty and gunked up), its causing the hand throttle cable to bunch up and is keeping itself at a high idle. I went to my local dealer and was quoted $2,000+ for parts and labor (thats not including if any bolts break). (When they did the repair on my 226 it was $2,800). I am going to try and do the repair myself this time. I bought the foot pedal assembly. However I just had some quick questions for those of you that have experience with this repair. I bought the foot pedal assembly for $130 They want $600 just for the floor plate! (Can I make my own or am I stuck buying CATs) Once the Cab is lifted, and I go to remove the floor plate bolts, my bolts are pretty shot... corroded, gunked up, and they will have to be easy EZ Out'd or Grinded and drilled out. Can I drill them out since I am doing a new floor plate? or are there major concerns with doing that? (The cat tech said there is wiring and a fuse harness under the floor plate, I didn't see it when I poked my head under the machine. (Even if it is there, is it something I can just detach while I work and re attach later?) The bolts for the front plate (2x 13MM bolts) one of them was sheered and Im afraid the other will do the same, should I try EZ outing those too as well? Thanks in advance for any help on the situation. Just want to make sure when I go to remove the floor plate and the front plate, I am not destroying anything or any wiring.