2002 773g traction lock engages intermittently

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bullwinkle

good evening guys. my skidsteer out of the blue has the traction lock engage and stops the machine dead and it stalls. it starts right up after and i will go for many hours with no problems. it has happened maybe 3 or 4 times this year and usually when i am driving from on spot to another. i was thinking maybe the key is jiggling off or a fuse is coming loose or maybe the switch in the seat bar is disengaging. any ideas appreciated. maybe this has happened to some one else. thanks.....Bullwinkle

farmshop

I would open up the fuse cover and look at the relay and fuses. If everything looks good I would tip the cab up and look at the lock solenoid. It could be getting weak and the longer it runs it heats up and opens the circuit

OP
OP
B

bullwinkle

I would open up the fuse cover and look at the relay and fuses. If everything looks good I would tip the cab up and look at the lock solenoid. It could be getting weak and the longer it runs it heats up and opens the circuit
Took out the relay and cleaned up the contacts then swapped it with the cleaned one beside it. I believe they are all the same. Wiring on the solenoid looks good. I had it apart and cleaned 2 years ago when I changed the seal on the chaincase cover. Gonna be using the machine a bunch this week so will see what happens. If it stalls and locks again I will see if it sends me an error code. Machine is 18 years old but in great shape so maybe the solenoid is getting weak.