2000 John Deere 260 Will not move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jakeholcomb20

2000 JOHN DEER 260
I've been trying to fix the skid steer at the shop for awhile and I think I know what it is, but I cannot seem to locate the solenoid so I was hoping someone here could help me. So the skid steer was parked one day and then the next it wouldn't move, it'll start, but it wont move, so at first the safety's wouldn't go off and it's very common for these to have burnt out clusters which causes that issue, so I replaced the cluster and that fixed that issue, seatbelt and seat safety problem fixed. but the skid steer still wont move, the parking brake switch disengaged the light on the dash but it still will not move. I believe at this point it has to be a solenoid issue but I don't even really know where to find the parking solenoid on this machine, as I'm not really super familiar with skid steers. Thanks for any possible help or insight in advance, I really appreciate it, if anyone even knows a way I could test these solenoids to narrow it down that would really help. Thanks.

OP
OP
J

jakeholcomb20

Also I feel like it is worth while mentioning that if i try to make it move it stalls out and will blow the safety fuse eventually, which I can presume is due to the solenoid overamping? That's at least what I read online.

hdokes

Hello jakeholcomb20, It's been a year since your post...I am having the same issue regarding finding the solenoid... did you find a solution to your issues?