2000 773g crank no start after fuel filter change

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

catbob31

Hey guys I just changed the fuel filter on my 773g I bled the system but it still cranks and won't start. Anyone have any ideas was running perfectly fine prior to changing fuel filter

reaperman

It sometimes helps to have a second person to pumping the primer bulb as you crank the engine over even tho its already been bled. There is still some air in the system somewhere keep repeating if necessary

Jim A

Open injector supply lines a turn then crank until fluid appears.It will never start if air is in high pressure lines or injection pump.

OP
OP
C

catbob31

So I got the machine running, I just kept bleeding and bleeding but now it seems as if under load or when I push the controls forward it slows down and wants to die out

Jim A

My 2006 s175 had fuel line pinched between fuel tank and engine oil pan.
I got it cheap since shops could not fix bogging down under load and thought it needed a new injection pump.
Check for suction resistance in fuel supply line . Pickup screen in tank can be a issue also.

kecamml

It sometimes helps to have a second person to pumping the primer bulb as you crank the engine over even tho its already been bled. There is still some air in the system somewhere keep repeating if necessary
All ways fill the new fuel filter when installing it helps

little_fellow

So I got the machine running, I just kept bleeding and bleeding but now it seems as if under load or when I push the controls forward it slows down and wants to die out
Did you do like Jim A said? "Open injector supply lines a turn then crank until fluid appears. It will never start if air is in high pressure lines or injection pump." I'm thinking, If you didn't do it, that's where your problem is.

little_fellow

There's a round knob on the injector pump about the size of a dime. Unscrew it a bit and use the primer bulb for 10 or 12 shots and screw it back in. Give it 4 or 5 more shots afterwards. and try starting your machine. See if that helps.

OP
OP
C

catbob31

Did you do like Jim A said? "Open injector supply lines a turn then crank until fluid appears. It will never start if air is in high pressure lines or injection pump." I'm thinking, If you didn't do it, that's where your problem is.
yes i did do this and got the machine running, but now has that issue of bogging down and loss of power but if i stop moving or using hydraulics, the engine speed picks back up

OP
OP
C

catbob31

There's a round knob on the injector pump about the size of a dime. Unscrew it a bit and use the primer bulb for 10 or 12 shots and screw it back in. Give it 4 or 5 more shots afterwards. and try starting your machine. See if that helps.
i did do this, but i will try it again and see if it fixs my issue, i appreciate the advice

OP
OP
C

catbob31

My 2006 s175 had fuel line pinched between fuel tank and engine oil pan.
I got it cheap since shops could not fix bogging down under load and thought it needed a new injection pump.
Check for suction resistance in fuel supply line . Pickup screen in tank can be a issue also.
i checked the fuel pickup screen its got nothing clogging it, andi just replaced the old one with a new one a couple months ago

little_fellow

i checked the fuel pickup screen its got nothing clogging it, andi just replaced the old one with a new one a couple months ago
Were you able to clear the fuel problem? My machine seems to be doing the same thing as yours now. I'm thinking it could be bad fuel. What I noticed with mine is that the filter is loosing its prime. Not sure what is causing that? This is happening right after checking the suction hose. Everything I did there seems okay, I did add some of that Lucas additive in the fuel and I did this according to specs but I wonder if that would cause restriction in the suction or filter. I am baffled and with the big snow fall we are getting over here, I sure would like to find the problem in a hurry.

Jim A

Check rubber fuel line for restrictions or crushed. My s175 2006 was crushed and did same thing .
Also try to use a pump or primer to suck fuel out of line to pump.
Also see if belt is loose on hydraulic pump often ignored and machine has low power in hydraulics bit engine revs ok. Cold winter belt slips if not tight.

MattGunson

Did the fault you have currently lead you to change the fuel filters in the first place? What engine does the above machine have?

little_fellow

Check rubber fuel line for restrictions or crushed. My s175 2006 was crushed and did same thing .
Also try to use a pump or primer to suck fuel out of line to pump.
Also see if belt is loose on hydraulic pump often ignored and machine has low power in hydraulics bit engine revs ok. Cold winter belt slips if not tight.
I found my problem. The fuel pick up hose inside the tank must of half broke off when I put it back in the fuel tank after checking it a few weeks ago and therefore it was sucking air. When I went to check it again today, it broke right off and fell inside the tank. I was able to fish it back out . It had broke off at the fitting so I just cleaned it up and put it back on. It's about an inch shorter now but the machine is finally running good. Thanks everyone for the help.

little_fellow

The joke is on me. My skid steer ran good for maybe 1/2 hr. After it quit running I noticed the same problem with the fuel filter being half empty. so I checked my supply line and sure enough, it was split and sucking air. Lesson learned. I put on a new supply line and fingers crossed I think I have the problem solved.

Latest posts