200 series Self-Level questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Voit

My recently purchased C238 does not have the self-level option and I am considering adding it. My questions are regarding how well the feature works. In other words it is a feature worth having? Like if using forks with varying amounts of weight (lighter or heavier loads) does it always keep the load level? I am a believer that everything in life belongs on a pallet so I would like to have the machine function reasonably well as a fork lift when needed. The parts and installation to add this feature don't look to bad so certainly a consideration if it is a good feature. Has anyone added this feature and have insight into the process?
Thanks for any help on this.

Stvnk69

I recently went through the same dilemma only on a 300 series that I purchased new without self leveling. Decide to add it after the fact cost about a grand. Get it back and started using it only to find out that New Holland self leveling only works one way, up. Waste of money in my opinion. I wanted it to unload things from high positions with pallet forks where you can't see level. New Holland sales personnel are so poorly trained on the features of these new machines you either need to find out from someone that has one or go through the trial and error. It does work well going up however, just wish it worked both ways.

OP
OP
V

Voit

Thanks for the reply and educated insight... It is really good to know that the self level only functions in the rising direction. If it is only uni-directional then it isn't worth the investment. I used forks on mine a few times now and I find that keeping them level is the easy part. Seeing what you are doing and knowing where the forks are is almost impossible though. So I likely will only be using this machine in this way if no other appropriate forklift is available. Visibility of where the end of the forks is is so important! Thankfully I have a number of options when it comes to moving things on pallets around. Thanks again you saved me a bunch of time a money adding this feature.