2” receiver / hitch attachment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alyaz

Searched the forum and didn't find anything - sorry if I missed it. Want to move the boat/trailer around the yard and am wondering if you guys suggest that a separate trailer hitch / receiver attachment is necessary or can a person attach a 2" ball onto the bucket and not screw anything up? Thanks.

flyerdan

I've got a 2" ball welded to the back side of the bobtach so when the bucket is off and it's tipped all the way forward it's in position. Easy to see it for plopping it into the trailer hitch, but if you have a single tilt cylinder in the center it might not work for you.<br? I also have a hole in my fork tip for a ball; you can really move things into areas you wouldn't think possible with a forklift. Skidsteer trailer maneuvering is nearly as good, far superior to wrangling them with a pickup.

OP
OP
alyaz

alyaz

I've got a 2" ball welded to the back side of the bobtach so when the bucket is off and it's tipped all the way forward it's in position. Easy to see it for plopping it into the trailer hitch, but if you have a single tilt cylinder in the center it might not work for you.<br? I also have a hole in my fork tip for a ball; you can really move things into areas you wouldn't think possible with a forklift. Skidsteer trailer maneuvering is nearly as good, far superior to wrangling them with a pickup.
Awesome. Thanks.

TimberBen

I have put 2" square receiver hitch's on both my grapple buckets my mower deck and built a dedicated receiver with a bare attachment plate I got from an auction and also have put a ball on the tip of the forklift fork. The dedicated hitch is the best. It moves the ball closer to the machine. Very easy to build and handy. A skid steer and a dump trailer is the biggest and best wheelbarrow you will ever use.

Attachments

• 6863499C-1222-49F4-9707-156B12FD10BF.jpeg
    6863499C-1222-49F4-9707-156B12FD10BF.jpeg
    701.2 KB · Views: 108

cdmccul

This it's a really old thread, but here's what I have. The end of my bucket, about 6 inches back from the front edge, is a hole. Then I have a couple bits of 1/2 plate above and below the bucket, with a big bolt going down through it. To this I welded a square tubing section to it for a 2" ball mount. Most of mine just came that way when I bought it. I added the square tubing.

Now I can swap lots of accessories, and if I'm in a pinch, I can still move some materials with the mount installed.

My opinion on ball mounts... The farther away from the truck, the more visiblity you have, and the more movement side to side of the trailer you can get (with the longer lever action). On the end of forks I think is too far out, and you might stress the forks. Too close and you can't get enough swing out of the trailer tongue.

End of the bucket is just right for me. I can also scoop under a trailer tongue that's laying on the ground (most of the time).

Attachments

• 20230109_192228.jpg
    20230109_192228.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230109_192246.jpg
    20230109_192246.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 88

spitzair

I built a contraption that slips onto the end of my forks and it works pretty good but that far out you can't have very much tongue weight… my 732 can't move my trailer that I built with it but put it on the S300 we have at work and it will move any trailer we have…

foton

Titan has pallet forks with a reciever hitch tube welded on ,if you want something made already available online. And they are pretty reasonably priced and fairly well built.

Voit

That is a great project and similar to one that I am designing... One of the concepts that I am incorporating is also 3 point hitch mounting points. I am starting with a 3 point quick attach adaptor I have had for a tractor and never used. I am going to weld this directly to a mounting plate. I have a number of tractor attachments like a york rake and a back hoe that can also work well on the skidsteer. I will then incorporate some of the features you have included as well. I really like how you have a tool rack and box as part of what you have built.